~ Welcome ~

The Photo Above: This view of the old Holmes Rail road Station on the Baltimore and Ohio Rail road was taken about 1893. The three houses on the left are still standing in the 2200 block of Amosland Road. These houses were the homes of Martha, Margaret and Mary Holmes, the daughters of Richard Holmes for whom the town is named. All these homes are now apartments. The Railroad Station was torn down in 1950. Holmes Rd. would be just to the right of the station. A row of homes now occupy the station site.

The town was named for Richard Holmes a farmer whose family lived in Holmes for almost 100 years. The family homestead stood were today's MacDade Mall is today. Make sure to Sign or View our Guest Book!


1902 Baist Map of Holmes



1900 Census



1897 Directory
1902 Directory



Coming Soon

Want to know what's new? Visit our Site Map.